My name is Xeno Hemlock and I have a confession to make: shits have been going on in my life for the past 7 months. A lot of them don't make it past the curtain and into the world. Not that I'm trying to put on a facade or something but playing the woe-is-me game has never appealed to me.Read More
Have you found your purpose in life? Are you sure you did? Here's a 10-question test to confirm if you really are living with purpose.
- Do you prefer staying in bed every morning?
- Do you fear failure?
- Do you compare your life to those of others?
- Do you allow what other people say to influence what you do?
- Do you find the weekdays a drag?
After some time, maintaining multiple blogs became overwhelming. Publish this article here. Copy it and paste it on another. Publish it there, and there, and there. Write something different for this blog. Make each content unique. I was doing a lot of repetitive stuff and my creative energy was being used unwisely. Soon enough, it caught up with me. My multiple blogs took up too much of my time, time better spent doing other things I wanted to do as well. Alas! I had no choice but give up some of them.
The two situations, the decade-long procrastination and the refusal to let go of my blogs, were manifestations of fear - the fear of control. But it has two sides. One was the fear of TAKING control and the other was the fear of LOSING control.Read More
What if we decide to finally fight fear and attempt something new in our lives? What if we want to learn how to dance, or we want to improve our fitness and start weight training, or we want to go out and meet new people? What can we expect once we have decided to lift our feet and step out into the world we should be really living in, the world where we are pursuing our dreams?
First of all, you will still be afraid. One conscious step will not completely eliminate fear, it never really goes away. Doers (people who do instead of just talk about something) still feel fear but they act in spite of it. They are brave. Yes, we can become brave too.Read More
Disclaimer: This is not part of my numeric series. My last post was for 9. I'm not going to skip directly to 30.
Today is my 30th birthday (woo!). I'm really excited about starting a new decade and what life has in store for me. I would like to look back at 30 important life lessons I have learned so far, three decades on this magnificent planet.
- Our childhood is one of the most important phases in our life, good and bad memories aside. What we really want to be and do in our lives can be traced back to our childhood years.
- Health is wealth. You may not think it is when you're younger but it will be a hard lesson you will learn when you get older.
- Nobody will be there for you throughout your lifetime except yourself. People will come and go.
- However, there are some awesome human beings who will be loyal to you and will be there for you as much as they can. They will love you with all your strengths and flaws. Love them. They're rare.
- “Busy” is a big fat lie.